HVAC Installation Professional
Hoffmann Brothers is based in St. Louis, Missouri and we are excited to extend our reach to the Nashville area. We were recently recognized by the St Louis Business Journal in 2016, 2018, 2020, and most recently, 2021 as The Best Place to Work in St Louis. We are a fast-paced, fast-growing, fun company looking for a friendly and outgoing person to join our team. Hoffmann Brothers believes that if we take care of our employees, they will in turn take care of our customers.
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Company Provided Power Tools
- 401k Matching Program
- Up to 20 days of paid vacation
- 8 Paid holidays
- Bonus Programs
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
- Tool Replacement Policy
- No On-Call/No Mandatory Weekends
Summary of Job: Lays out, assembles, installs all areas of residential HVAC installations including any ductwork, setting, and starting up split and package systems. Gas piping, venting and electrical as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment needed for each individual job site
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe; assembles and installs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic
- Connects pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints; secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, and piping
- Pressure test system for leaks with appropriate gauges
- Determine what material, tools and equipment will be needed to complete task
- Design duct system and fully layout duct system with proper sizing and CFM for home and install
- Install dehumidifiers, humidifiers, and air quality/filtration products; install & program thermostats
- Vacuum & reclaim refrigerant from old system, effectively charge unit using superheat and subcooling
- Lead install team in the performance of all duties
- 3+ years of experience in HVAC Field
- Professional in all situations
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear, confident manner throughout the entire service so that they are aware what is going on inside their home/business.
- Ability to adjust your communications to provide the best customer experience possible.
- Ability to create detailed job notes in the customer’s account for future reference.
- Ability to both teach and learn by sharing thoughts/experiences with your coworkers in meetings and in one-to-one interactions.
- Willingness to try new ideas and recommend process improvements to your manager with the objective of improving efficiency/effectiveness.
- Frequent communication with dispatchers so that they know the status of each job for scheduling purposes.
- The ability to maintain a clean and organized workspace both in a customer’s property and your company vehicle.
- The ability to work safely and the motivation to help ensure that those you work with are working in a safe manner.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 80lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work - employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of TN‑OSHA requirements.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.