HVAC Service Pre-Apprentice
HVAC Service Pre-Apprentice
St. Louis, MO
For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, over the last 5 years Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 300-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team. We believe in taking the best care of our employees, so they will take the best care of our customers. In that way, we can fulfill our purpose of Improving Live in Every Home.
As the HVAC Service Pre-Apprentice, you will be primarily responsible for assisting HVAC technicians with various tasks on job sites, delivering equipment, and assisting with a variety of tasks in the warehouse. This position has the potential to transition into a full-time technician in the HVAC field.
- Knowledge of Tools
- Mechanically Minded
- Strong Work Ethic
- Valid Driver’s License
- Team Player
- EPA Card
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist HVAC Service technicians on jobsites with various tasks.
- Deliver equipment to jobs.
- Assist with warehouse maintenance.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the weekly time sheet.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or field supervisor are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Willingness to try new ideas and recommend process improvements to your manager with the objective of improving efficiency/effectiveness
- The ability to maintain a clean and organized workspace both in a customer’s property and your company vehicle
- The ability to work safely and the motivation to help ensure that those you work with are working in a safe manner
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- 401k Matching Program: Hoffmann Brothers will match 100% of the first 4% contributed by employee.
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid holidays
- Bonus Programs
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
- $300/yr. Tool Bonus
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of OSHA requirements.
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work – employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.