For over 30 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, we are now growing at an exciting rate facing new challenges as we transform our business and enter new geographic and service markets.
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team.
As the Business Analyst you will help Hoffmann Brothers strengthen our understanding of various areas of the business through improved analysis and oversight. This is a new position within our company, and we are excited about the value this team member will be able to unlock. This role’s functions will be split into the following categories:
Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and analysis
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis where needed
- Consult with department managers to develop plans for improved profits
- Analyze pricing across all trades
- Lead special financial projects as assigned
- Improve KPI tracking and reporting processes across various departments
- Become resident expert at data reporting from our software
- Coordinate cross-functional data needs between the HR, accounting, and operations teams
- Deliver data driven recommendations
Real Estate & Investment Partners
- Manage relationships with property managers, tenants, and investment partners
- Prepare budgets, review monthly financial statements, identify cost variances from budget
- Assist with lease renewals and amendments
- Maintain global rent roll & ensure accuracy of all billings to include CAM & property tax reimbursements
- Maintain all real estate and investment entity financial reports and provide to CFO for consolidation
- Assist in real estate search when approaching new markets
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in an Accounting/Finance role
- Self-driven problem solver
- Relationship builder with peers
- Comfortable in fast pace, dynamic environment
- Strong critical thinker and project manager
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and planning skills
- Professional in all situations and with all personality types
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Benefits include paid vacation time, paid holidays, 401K matching program up to 4%, and 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Flexible work environment with a casual dress code.
- Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer while working daily with the entire management team.
- Unique opportunity to learn how our business operates and to help our functional leaders understand the tools we can use to improve the financial results.
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.