Human Resources Director
For over 30 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, we are now growing at an exciting rate facing new challenges as we transform our business and enter new geographic and service markets.
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team.
As the Human Resources Director, you will help Hoffmann Brothers maintain our culture while driving Human Resource, Safety, and L&D enhancements and processes to support our larger, more mature business needs and our footprint in Saint Louis, Nashville, & future markets. As the P&D Lead you will be responsible for four primary responsibilities:
Policy, Compliance, and Accountability (50%)
- Oversee all people policies ensuring they are clear, concise, and actionable
- Propose Human Resource program enhancements to mature the People policies of Hoffmann Brothers in line with its size and scale. Policies in need of attention include: attendance, discipline
- Ensure Hoffmann People policies remain in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Advise Senior Leadership Team on all organizational & people topics
- Support payroll and benefits coordinator to ensure accurate and timely execution.
- Advise on our medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance balancing cost with employee benefit.
- Develop business partner relationships with Service Department Leads enabling them to handle personnel matters
Talent Acquisition / Recruiting (20%)
- Support recruiting coordinator(s) in strategic recruiting efforts
- Develop creative solutions to overcome industry wide labor shortage ensuring Hoffmann Brothers recruits and retains technicians sufficient to support its growth goals.
- Create technician retention process to proactively and reactively retain employees
- Enhance Hoffmann’s safety program to support its current and future scale
- Visit Hoffmann job sites to coach technicians on safety (and bring them lunch!)
- Ensure all required processes steps occur during and after an injury occurs
- Manage worker’s compensation claims from beginning to end
Learning & Development (10%)
To help overcome the industry labor shortage, Hoffmann Brothers plans to open a supplemental technical school to get untrained technicians “truck ready”. The P&D Lead will own the first steps to making this a reality
- Research best practices in similar schools across the country
- Identify common curriculum needs and technological support
- Develop business case, identifying important investments in people and tools
Skills and Qualifications
- Self-driven problem solver
- Relationship builder with peers
- Comfort in fast pace, dynamic environment
- Strong critical thinker and project manager
- Ability to implement change in partnership and collaboration with the entire organization
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and planning skills
- Professional in all situations and with all personality types
- Servant leadership
- Understanding of HR functions preferred
- MBA preferred
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Benefits include paid vacation time, paid holidays, 401K matching program up to 4%, and 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Flexible work environment with a casual dress code.
- Fully funded training as necessary to support the functions of the role.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Internal Operations while working daily with the entire Senior Leadership Team
- Independently develop and implement HR policies and best practices supporting Hoffmann Brothers vision and continued growth plan.
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.