For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, we are now growing at an exciting rate facing new challenges as we transform our business and enter new geographic and service markets.
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team.
As a Carpenter, you will help with a wide range of repairs, typically for residential locations, but some commercial locations as well.
- 4-6 years of work experience.
- Customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic plumbing and/or electrical knowledge a plus.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Able to use basic technology (outlook, smart phone).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repair drywall and (plaster repair a plus).
- Light tile repair work.
- Light Carpentry – installing cabinets, floor/stair repairs, interior trim installation, building shelves.
- Build out of new trucks with shelving and modifications necessary.
- Training room build outs/ modifications.
- Headquarters repairs and upkeep.
- Operating hand and power tools.
- Installing Attic Stairs.
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Company Provided Truck/Van
- Company Provided Power Tools
- 401k Matching Program: Hoffmann Brothers will match 100% of the first 4% contributed by employee, plus an additional 4% at year end, resulting in a total of 12% (4% contributed by employee and 8% matched)
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 6 Paid holidays
- Bonus Programs
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime (Always Volunteer, Never Required)
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
- Tool Replacement Policy
- Company Events
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, squat, kneel, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move80lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work –employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.