Warehouse Operations Manager
Voted St. Louis Best Places to Work in 2016, 2018 & 2020!
Warehouse Operations Manager
For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, we are now growing at an exciting rate facing new challenges as we transform our business and enter new geographic and service markets.
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team. With this growth, Hoffmann is redesigning how it purchases and manages its inventory to take advantage of this new scale.
As the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will help Hoffmann Brothers develop and maintain efficient warehouse processes in partnership with our vendor managed inventory systems.
- Process owner for all inventory processes – requires consistent understanding and review of our processes. Obtain approval for any recommended changes but this role will be the driver in identifying and making the changes
- Manage team of warehouse coordinators and parts runners, monitoring the work while ensuring the safety of the personnel and the operation of warehouse equipment. Ensure that our team or part runners are utilize efficiently to gain 100% work capacity for the business needs
- Audit, maintain and report on company inventory accuracy – address any issues within our processes leading to inaccuracies
- Partner closely with CFO & VP of Internal Operations to develop 2 vendor managed inventory systems inside Hoffmann Brothers warehouse including determining products to include, appropriate pricing, and end-to-end processes (Short-term)
- Partner with and oversee 2 vendor managing inventory systems inside Hoffmann’s warehouse to operate day-to-day (Long-term)
- Ensure best pricing on all inventory items by comparing pricing among VMIs and other vendors; address pricing differences between contracts and invoices
- Oversee company tool management
- Control inventory levels of Service and Install vehicles by routinely conducting physical counts, inspecting the equipment, issuing appropriate work orders, and making reconciliation of the inventory when needed
- Partner with Service Department Leads to ensure end-to-end warehouse processes maximize productive technician time
- Solve procurement issues in real-time to ensure any product can be delivered to a department ASAP in coordination with business needs and customer response
- Promote and enforce the Hoffmann safety policies for the warehouse as well as external vendors.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all federal, state, and local warehouse & shipping operating procedures by staying abreast of new legislation, enforcing adherence of those requirements, and notifying upper management of changes
- Maintains professional technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in appropriate warehouse networks/societies to improve Hoffmann standing within the community
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience managing complex warehouse solutions
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis including price comparisons and efficiency measurements; Proficient in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred
- Experience managing a team of warehouse personnel
- Ability to see a process from start to finish and identify gaps
- Comfort in fast pace, progressive and dynamic environment
- Able to solve problems and overcome hurdles in real-time
- Comfortable creating and managing a safety minded atmosphere
- Ability to positively implement change of people and processes
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and planning skills
Salary and Benefits
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid vacation, paid holidays
- 401K matching program up to 4%
- Flexible work environment with a casual dress code
- Report directly to the Vice President of Internal Operations
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co-worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO-OSHA requirements
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit, stand, squat, kneel, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls, hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawlspaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move50lbs and up because the equipment being used can be heavy and cumbersome. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work - employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer