HVAC Installation Apprentice
Hoffmann Brothers is based in St. Louis, Missouri and we are excited to extend our reach to the Nashville area. We were recently recognized by the St Louis Business Journal in 2016, 2018, and most recently, 2020, as The Best Place to Work in St Louis. We are a fast paced, fast growing, fun company looking for a friendly and outgoing person to join our team. Hoffmann Brothers believes that if we take care of our employees, they will in turn take care of our customers.
We are looking for full-time HVAC Install Apprentice who can successfully install air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, ductless systems, ductwork, boilers, and accessories (air filter, thermostats etc.) for residential customers. This will include having knowledge of those systems and keeping in contact closely with customers during the installation. All our technicians must follow our safety policies and procedures. Meeting and exceeding customer expectations is required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in HVAC Field
- Professional in all situations
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear, confident manner throughout the entire service so that they are aware what is going on inside their home/business
- Ability to adjust your communications to provide the best customer experience possible
- Ability to create detailed job notes in the customer’s account for future reference
- Ability to both teach and learn by sharing thoughts/experiences with your coworkers in meetings and in one to one interactions
- Willingness to try new ideas and recommend process improvements to your manager with the objective of improving efficiency/effectiveness
- Frequent communication with dispatchers so that they know the status of each job for scheduling purposes
- The ability to maintain a clean and organized work space both in a customer’s property and your company vehicle
- The ability to work safely and the motivation to help ensure that those you work with are working in a safe manner
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Company Provided Truck/Van
- Company Provided Power Tools
- 401k Matching Program: Hoffmann Brothers will match 100% of the first 4% contributed by employee
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- Up to 15 days of paid vacation
- 6 Paid holidays
- Bonus Programs
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
- Tool Replacement Policy
Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of TN‑OSHA requirements.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, kneel, squat, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work – employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.