HVAC Install Summer Internship
Hoffmann Brothers was Voted St Louis Best Place to work in 2016, 2018, and 2020!
For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, we are now growing at an exciting rate facing new challenges as we transform our business and enter new geographic and service markets.
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team.
As an HVAC Install Summer Intern, you will help Hoffmann Brothers HVAC Install Team during our busiest time of the year and get to see what is really like to work in the HVAC field.
HVAC Install Summer Internship position is fast paced and self-motivating and includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Safely lifting, loading, securing, delivering equipment to jobsites.
- Assisting field staff with installs as determined by others.
- Bringing old equipment back to the office to be disposed of properly.
- Making miscellaneous runs such as dropping off permits, purchasing parts at different vendors, etc.
- Make sheet metal fittings.
- Recognize and pull restock items accurately.
- Fill out and turn in paperwork as required.
- Keep property clean and tidy.
- Manage your time efficiently by understanding what is needed daily with minimum supervision after training has been given.
- When all known work is done, keeping yourself busy when at the office with training opportunities.
- Currently enrolled in an HVAC program
- EPA Card is required
- Hard working, reliable, and willing to learn
- $15 per hour with opportunities for overtime
- This is a Seasonal Internship, so no benefits are included at this time.
Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, kneel, squat, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work - employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.