Voted St. Louis Best Places to Work in 2016, 2018, 2020, & 2021!
For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has served as the premier HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance Repair service and installation contractor in the St Louis area. With an aggressive expansion campaign, we are now growing at an exciting rate facing new challenges as we transform our business and enter new geographic and service markets, like Nashville, TN.
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250-member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team.
As an Electrician in St. Louis, MO, you will work closely with our Master Electrician to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures. All work is to be completed on time, within budget, to specification, codes and industry standards. This position will also work closely with other technicians, sales, and office personnel.
- Department of Labor certified Electrician and/or apprentice with 3-4 years experience.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, evaluate and develop apprentices.
- Demonstrated quality electrical installations with safety, productivity, and ability to work alone or as part of a team depending assigned tasks.
- Must have at least 5+ years’ experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems in the areas of industrial, commercial and residential
- Electrical foreman experience is a plus
- Must consistently be on time
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Ability to communicate with customers in a clear, confident manner throughout the entire service so that they are aware what is going on inside their home/business
Ability to adjust your communications to provide the best customer experience possible
Ability to create detailed job notes in the customer’s account for future reference
Ability to both teach and learn by sharing thoughts/experiences with your coworkers in meetings and in one to one interactions
Willingness to try new ideas and recommend process improvements to your manager with the objective of improving efficiency/effectiveness
Frequent communication with dispatchers so that they know the status of each job for scheduling purposes
The ability to maintain a clean and organized work space both in a customer’s property and your company vehicle
The ability to work safely and the motivation to help ensure that those you work with are working in a safe manner
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Company Provided Truck/Van
- Company Provided Power Tools
- 401k Matching Program: Hoffmann Brothers will match 100% of the first 4% contributed by employee, plus an additional 4% at year end, resulting in a total of 12% (4% contributed by employee and 8% matched)
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid holidays
- Bonus Programs
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime (Always Volunteer, Never Required)
- Paid Training
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
- Tool Replacement Policy
- Company Events
- Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
- To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit, stand, kneel, squat, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move50lbs and up because the equipment being used can be heavy and cumbersome. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work - employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.