Hoffmann Brothers was Voted St Louis Best Place to work in 2016, 2018, 2020, & 2021!
Over the last 5 years, Hoffmann has grown from a small family business of 50 employees to a 250+ member multi-market organization with significant aspirations for further growth. We recognize the quality of our people enables this growth and now is your chance to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced Plumbing Professional in St. Louis to install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing systems used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. Ideal candidates possess superior customer service skills, are great problem solvers and thrive in a challenging environment. If this sounds like you and you want to grow your career with a stable company as an essential team member, we encourage you to apply today!
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type and size of pipe required
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures, and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls, underground storm sanitary, water piping systems, sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters and conditioners, plumbing fixtures, appliances, and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures
- Ensure all requirements specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported, and graded and meet the requirements of the appropriate codes and environmental protection requirements
- Set expectations and be transparent with clients, keeping them informed throughout the process so they are aware of what is going on inside their home/business
- Ensure client sites remain organized and detailed notes are recorded for future reference
- Ensure client questions are answered and payments are processed before leaving a job site
- Follow company procedures to ensure the timely arrival to client sites, trucks and equipment are kept clean and accounted for and dispatchers are made of aware of each job for scheduling purposes
- Follow safety policies and procedures
- Act with integrity and maintain ethical service practices
- Willingness to teach and learn by sharing thoughts/experiences with your coworkers to help improve processes, help other team members, and grow within the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Service and Repair of plumbing systems in residential, commercial, or industrial buildings
- High School Graduate required, Post-secondary education and training from an accredited technical institution preferred
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Superior customer service skills required, cross selling experience a plus
- Strong work ethic with excellent time management
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers in a clear, confident manner
- Ability to adjust communication style as needed to ensure the best customer experience is provided with every customer
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a safe driving record and valid driver’s license
- Clean background check and drug test
- Must consider Safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Ample Opportunities for Overtime (Always Volunteer, Never Required)
- FREE Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee, dependents, and spouse (if not offered insurance by current employer)
- 8 Paid holidays
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 401k Matching Program: 100% Company Match of the first 4% contributed by employee and an additional 4% profit sharing in December every year
- Bonus Programs
- Paid Training
- Company Provided Truck/Van
- Company Provided Power Tools
- Tool Replacement Policy
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Year-Round Work
Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit, stand, squat, kneel, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment can vary depending on the season and scope of work – employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
Hoffmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.